The Planetree Office provides support and leadership for programs that enhance the Planetree philosophy at West Park Hospital (WPH). For example, the following programs have been enhanced or created with the support of the Planetree Office:
- Massage for patients and employees
- Pet therapy program
- The artwork in the hallways
- Internet access for patients and family members
- Presurgical education
- Care partners program
The Planetree Office also provides annual staff retreats to energize employees and gather ideas that assist patients in their healing.
- Planetree is about helping an individual to heal through the whole person—body, mind and spirit.
- Planetree is not a program, but how we do what we do.
- Planetree is a part of everything we do at WPH—it is how we think and how we treat each other.
Survey of patient experiences
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), along with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), developed the HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey, also known as Hospital CAHPS®, to provide a standardized survey instrument and data collection methodology for measuring patients' perspectives on hospital care. The HCAHPS Survey is administered to a random sample of patients continuously throughout the year. CMS cleans, adjusts and analyzes the data, then publicly reports the results.
What patients are included
The HCAHPS Survey is administered to a random sample of adult patients across medical conditions between 48 hours and six weeks after discharge; the survey is not restricted to Medicare beneficiaries.
Where the information comes from
- All short-term, acute care, non-specialty hospitals are invited to participate in the HCAHPS Survey. Over 4,000 hospitals participate in HCAHPS.
- The goal is for each hospital to get at least 300 completed patient surveys per year. In general, the more patients that respond to the survey, the more the results shown on this website will reflect the experiences of all the patients who used that hospital.
- HCAHPS survey data must be collected by organizations that are trained by the federal government in HCAHPS data collection procedures. Data submitted to the HCAHPS data warehouse is cleaned, adjusted and analyzed by CMS, which calculates hospitals’ HCAHPS scores and publicly reports them on the Hospital Compare website.
West Park Hospital patient experience reports
As a patient of West Park Hospital, you may receive a call from our survey company, HealthStream Research. HealthStream Research is trained by the federal government in Patient Experience (HCAHPS) survey data collection procedures. You may receive a phone call from HealthStream Research. This call will only take a few minutes and your feedback will be used by West Park Hospital to continually provide excellent patient care. Patients are randomly selected. If you are chosen, please complete the survey.
Current West Park Hospital, Wyoming and national hospitals' average survey results can be found by clicking on the link below:
In this section
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.