WPH Planetree philosophy
Since 2004, West Park Hospital (WPH) has subscribed to the Planetree philosophy of patient-centered care. Planetree is an international nonprofit organization that works with health care facilities to help personalize, humanize and demystify the health care experience.
Our commitment to the Planetree philosophy of patient-centered care is reflected in our organization's mission: To provide extraordinary healthcare to those we serve by people who care. The voice of the patient guides West Park Hospital.
WPH is committed to continuously working to improve medical care from the patient's perspective. Ten Planetree components are utilized as guides to promote and create a healing environment for our patients. We believe in making each of these elements an important focus of treatment. In this way, West Park Hospital strives to personalize, humanize, and demystify patients' and families' health care experiences.
- Human interactions – people caring for people
- Architectural and interior design conducive to health and healing promoting patient privacy and control
- The importance of the nutritional and nurturing aspects of food
- Empowering patients through information and education
Visit the West Park Hospital’s Planetree Health Resource Center at Park County Library online.
- The importance of Family, Friends and Social Support
- Spirituality: The importance of inner resources
- The importance of human touch – reduces anxiety and communicate caring
- Healing arts: Nutrition for the soul
- Complementary therapies – healing touch, aromatherapy and pet therapy
- Healthy communities –supporting health and wellness in the communities that we serve
For more information, contact our community relations coordinator at 307.578.2512.