As part of our constant goal of improving and enhancing the healing process, we've integrated Massage Therapy Services into the Women's Health Pavilion.
WPH Massage Therapy Services has two highly qualified full-time massage therapists.
Services include massage therapy for both inpatients and outpatients, including pre-operative and post-operative massages. Please call 578-2755 for further information on receiving massage during your hospital stay. WPH Massage Therapy Services
also welcomes appointments from the public.
WPH Massage Therapy Services offers a full range of services to our patients and the public, including:
- Hospital Inpatient and Outpatient
- Surgical Patients
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Myofacial Release
- Pre/Post-Natal and Infant Massage
- Therapeutic Massage
- Sports Massage (Pre & Post Event)
- Deep Tissue Body Work
- Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Cranoisacral Therapy
In addition to a wide variety of hands-on treatments, WPH's Massage Therapy Services offers whirlpool and steam baths to complement their massage treatment.
Why offer massage services in a hospital?
Research studies examining hospital patients have shown the benefits of preoperative and postoperative massage therapy. Outcomes show improvement in healing time, reduced pain medication requirements, stabilized blood pressure, diminished stress hormone production and decreased length of stay.
Physical Benefits of Massage
- Calms the nervous system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces heart rate
- Relieves headaches and eye strain
- Stress reduction and deep relaxation
- Increases blood and lymph circulation
- Strengthens immune system
- Relief of muscle tension and pain
- Releases and eliminates toxins from the body
- Relieves muscle spasms and cramps
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Nourishes skin through increased circulation
- Improved healing time
- Improves concentration
- Promotes deeper, better sleep
- Reduces anxiety
- Increases and balances energy flow
- Enhances self-image and self-confidence
- Creates a feeling of well being
- Increases awareness of body-mind connection